Thursday 18 October 2012

Mags of the Month

(L-R) InStyle £2.50, Look £1.80, Cosmopolitan £3.50

InStyle is a magazine that I've never bought before and I have to admit that I don't think I'll be buying it again. To me, it comes across as a very high fashion magazine and even though this issue is marked as the 'high street issue' I struggled to find any items or products from my local high street. Also, the magazine was quite boring, there was hardly any bright colours to draw me in and the writing wasn't great. So you may ask why I bought this mag, and I have 2 reasons:
  1. My boyfriend bought it to keep me occupied whilst he watched the football.
  2. It came with a sample size Benefit Sun Beam. (Also available was ChaCha Tint and Benetint).


Next up is Cosmopolitan or Cosmo. I'm really in love with this magazine and even though the price is the highest of the 3 magazines in this post, it's by far my favourite. It has a great mix of high street fashion and high fashion. Also its contains great things about beauty which of course I love. Some may ask if Cosmo justifies the price and I say, YES! This issue came with a Missguided Lipsplash in Fashion which is a purple gloss with blue undertones. It also came with a sample size Oral-B 3D White Toothpaste. Now, I love mags that come with freebies but I love mags even more when they come with sample within the mag i.e. perfumes and foundations. Also, Cosmo is bright and fun and the writing isn't boring or long-winded.You can also get this magazine in a travel size like the one I have which is great for sticking in your bag.



Lastly is Look magazine. This is the cheapest of the 3 magazines and is a really good read. Its really colourful and fun. It's got a great mix of beauty and fashion, and celebrity without being trashy. This is a weekly mag so it keeps me entertained whilst waiting for the monthly Cosmo. It's a much thinner magazine compared to the other two but it's worth getting as it has great features and interviews. If your umm-ing and arr-ing about what items of clothing to get for these colder months, I would recommend Look because it's all about high street fashion and is always spot on the trends of the season. Sadly, this issue didn't come with a freebie but for the price, I didn't expect one.

No comments:

Post a Comment