Wednesday 17 October 2012

My Lipsticks of the Moment

Now that we're deep into the Autumn months I think it's time to show off my Autumn lippies! I don't usually wear a lot of lipstick but I have been loving the trends recently so I had to purchase a few items to satisfy my craving.
First up I have this Collection lipstick from the Volume Sensation range in the shade Tea Rose. This is a really great nude colour for this season. The colour is understated but is a really beautiful colour if you don't fancy anything to dark. I think a colour like this would be good for something professional like a job interview or a business meeting. Thankfully, this lipstick isn't drying and is full of moisture. It's not a long lasting lipstick so regular reapplication is necessary. Personally I don't think it increases the volume of my lips or plumps them up, luckily that wasn't the reason I bought it.

Next up I have a lipstick from Barry M's new Ultra Moisturising Lip Paints in Viscious Violet. I've read a lot of reviews about Barry M's regular lip paints being really drying and it appears that Barry M read them too because they've come out with this new range that contains Cocoa Butter 'for a soft and saturated finish'. Dark purples are so in trend this Autumn and this is a great shade. Plus, with the cocoa butter it helps prevent chapped lips.

Next up I have my favourite lipstick of the season! This beautiful shade by Sleek in Cherry is my go to shade for a great evening lippy. This deep cherry colour is really on trend and looks amazing against the khaki's and beige's that are all over the place this Autumn. Lipsticks this dark can be difficult to apply so I recommend lip liner and blotting for the best finish. Also, Sleek is a relatively new make up brand to me but I would really recommend people to check them out. They have a beautiful range of colours and creations.

I hope you've enjoyed my favourite lippies of the moment. I would love to know what your favourites are. Comment or Tweet me @JennaDoesBeauty.

 

1 comment:

  1. Loving viscious violet...such a great colour! On my shopping list! One of my fave lipsticks all year round is MAC's 'St.Germain', its like bubblegum pink, a bit out there but I love it! Great post as always Jenna x Emma

    ReplyDelete