Sunday 21 July 2013

Beauty Haul: Victoria Secret, Boots and Selfridges


It's been a while since I've had a proper beauty haul so I think it was about time I updated my collection with some new pieces. I went for a trip up to London and visited some of my favourite stores to pick up some new make up, hair and beauty products.


First, I popped into Victoria Secret, more for a peruse than for anything specific and found these gorgeous body mists from their Pink collection. I bought the Pretty & Pure scent which is jasmine and pink lemonade and is a really fresh scent and great for the summer. I also bought the Sweet & Flirty scent which is sugar berry and pink grapefruit and is a fresh and fruity scent. I can't choose which is my favourite because they both smell amazing. Their scents aren't too strong which is perfect for warmer weather and they are actually quite refreshing when you spritz them onto your skin.


Next, I popped into my favourite shop ... Boots. Here I bought quite a lot of hair care products starting which the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo. I wanted to try this out to see if it would really brighten my hair, as I am blonde already but I would love it if it could help my blonde hair be more blonde. I also picked up the Charles Worthington Style Setter Salt Spray which is part of their Salon At Home range. I decided to get this as I thought it would be great to have with me on my holiday for a more natural styling. I also got the Soap & Glory Shower Puff which I love as it is double the size of my regular shower puff. I can't wait to use this because I think it'll be really foamy and soapy. Also from the Charles Worthing Salon At Home range, I got the Sleek and Smooth Serum as my previous smoothing serum ran out and I thought I would try this one out. I also bought the L'Oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray as I had used up my old can. The last hair care product I got is the Aussie Beach Mate Conditioner which is meant to be a great holiday conditioner as it helps cleanse and protect your hair from the dullness that it can pick up from the sand, sea salt and chlorine. I bought this specifically for my holiday and can't wait to use it.


Also in Boots, I bought a small handful of make up goodies. Starting with the Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow in the colours Permanent Taupe, which is a matt taupe colour and Pink Gold which is a pale pink colour with gold shimmer. I also got one of the most raved about make up products the Apocalips Lip Lacquer in the colour Steller which is a hot pink colour. I also got another of the Revlon Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti. I originally wanted the shade juicy papaya but they were all sold out so I got the closest looking shade. I picked up another tube of my most favourite concealer which is the Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer in the shade Fair. You can see a short post where I reviewed this product here. I also picked up the Barry M Limited Edition Nail Paint in a bright yellow colour. I'm a massive fan of the Barry M nail paints so I definitely had to pick up this limited edition colour. Next, is the Bourjois Colour Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick in the colour Peach On The Beach, which as it says in the title is a gorgeous peach colour. I can't wait to try it out because I have heard so many great reviews on these lipsticks!


Next, I popped into Selfridges and picked up my most favourite moisturiser/primer (it isn't advertised as a primer but it might as well be!) the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel which is actually part of one of their 3-step systems. Because of that, I got the Liquid Facial Soap and Clarifying Lotion sample sizes free with my purchase. I don't actually like these two products. I find their toners too high in alcohol and I'm not a fan of their facial soap, so I'm not sure what I'll do with these.


Also in Selfridges, I magically found myself in front of the Nars counter and picked up their blush in the shade Deep Throat, which is a pinky shade with slight shimmer and their lip gloss in Chihuahua which is a gorgeous nudey pink shade. I also picked up two Mac lipsticks. The first is the Amplified Creme Lipstick in Girl About Town which is a deep pink colour with slight hint of purple. The second is a Matt Lipstick in Lady Danger which is a orangey red colour.

And that comes to the end of my beauty haul. I hope you enjoyed seeing everything I bought. There will be A LOT of reviews coming your way soon on most of the products in this haul so keep your eyes peeled.

1 comment:

  1. I found the hairspray too strong. It left my hair so crispy- although it did guarantee my curls lasted all day. Great blog hun x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete