Monday 14 January 2013

Bright Eyes for Winter

 
In my eyes, there are 2 different types of concealer. The first is the kind of concealer that you use to cover up spots and other imperfections, I use Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer to achieve my blemish free complexion. The second kind of concealer is the kind I used to brighten dark circles under my eyes and for this job, I always head towards my YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Concealer.
 
I first used Touche Eclat after receiving it as a Christmas present over 2 years ago. Honestly, I didn't know a lot about this concealer other than it was quite expensive and I was slightly underwhelmed when I first opened it. When I first used it, I was unsure of what to do with it. I tried using it to cover up my spots but found that it didn't work very well, so I started using it under my eyes to banish my dark circles and I haven't looked back since. It makes my eyes looks really bright which changes the look of my whole face. The pen lasted me around 3-4 months which is quite a long time for a 2.5ml tube. Sadly, I find myself having to go without it for 8 months until I received it again this Christmas.
 
I use the shade 1.5 (fair complexion with golden undertones) with 7 shades to choose from. The liquid is quite thin which I like especially for under my eyes. I click the button at the end and dab the concealer on via the brush. I then blend it in with more dabbing motions but this time with my fingers. I usually apply it before my foundation but sometimes apply more afterwards. I love the packaging, it makes me feel glamorous when I take it out of my make up bag. Hopefully when this tube runs out I'll have the money to splurge to repurchase it. I would definitely recommend anyone to try out this highlighting concealer. If it's too expensive, stick it on your birthday list and cross your fingers.
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I hate the collection 2000! I don't know why, it just doesn't work for me :( I have tried the maybelline dupe for the YSL one and it works pretty well! I'd love to get the YSL one but its a bit out of my budget :( www.cherrytruth2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use the Lasting Perfection concealer for my dark circles, it's way to heavy and thick for such a delicate area on the face.

      Delete
  2. This has been on my wishlist for some time now, heard its great!

    ReplyDelete