Sunday 6 January 2013

Review: The Body Shop Vitamin E Range

 
For Christmas, I got the Vitamin E gift set from The Body Shop which is great because like me, I'm sure most of you are suffering with a little dry skin in the latter part of these winter months. I don't actually own a lot of The Body Shop's products, so when I received this gift set I immediately set out to find out the most I could about the range. I found out about Vitamin E is that it is full of antioxidants which help protect the skin from damage caused by environmental factors and other cell damaging factors like ultraviolet light which can help prevent against sun burn. It also contains anti-ageing benefits by minimising the signs of fine lines and wrinkles (It's always good to start early!). In my gift set I got the Cream Cleanser, Hydrating Toner, Moisture Cream and the Nourishing Night Cream.
 
Vitamin E Cream Cleanser 

 
I have to say, I'm not totally into cleansers. I love trying them out but I tend to stick to my Simple Cleansing wipes. When I first used this cleanser I noticed that it has quite a thin, silky texture. It didn't have a strong perfumed smell which is a massive bonus for me as I hate putting too many "unnatural" things on my face. Before using the cleanser I removed the bulk of the make up on my face with  my facial wipes and to remove my eye make up. when using the cleanser I found that even a small amount of this cleanser spreads around my face really well with still enough to have a scrub for a slightly deeper cleanse. I found that it removed any left over bits of make up, dirt and oils from my face really well and it left my skin feeling clean, refreshed and silky smooth! I found that since using this cleanser on and off for 2 weeks it has helped prevent my skin for getting too dry or flaky and it leaves it looking dewy rather than oily. I really like this cream cleanser but I'm not sure if it's converted me from cleansing wipes. You can pick this Vitamin E Cream Cleanser up from The Body Shop for £8.
 
Vitamin E Hydrating Toner
 
I have a real problem with toners. I hate how most of them make my skin feel tight and dry. And it's quite difficult to find a toner with a small amount of alcohol when most of them have as much alcohol in them as a bottle of vodka! Let's be honest here, alcohol isn't good for your body so why put it on you face?! But luckily, although this toner does contain alcohol, it's a lot less than other toners I've used and thrown away. This means it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry! The toner is a clear liquid that seems to be slightly thicker than water. It lays on my skin for a while but I always blot it with a tissue. This is the best toner I've used and even though I don't often use toners, it may have converted me. You can get this Vitamin E Hydrating Toner from The Body Shop for £8.
 
Vitamin E Moisture Cream and Nourishing Night Cream
 
 
Both these creams are advertised as being for all skin types. The Moisture Cream soaks into my skin really well keeping it hydrated all day with adding excess oils to my already oily t-zone. The Nourishing Night Cream is a little thicker that the moisture cream and sits on the skin for quite a while, which isn't a feeling I like but I wake up in the morning with super soft and smooth skin. You can buy the Vitamin E Moisture Cream and Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream from The Body Shop for £4 each.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. hey I nominated you for a blog award for more info check out my blog :)

    thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete