Wednesday 16 January 2013

Product I regret buying #3

 
Late last year I found myself struggling with lots of dry skin on my face. I don't like using heavy moisturisers during the day as I find my make up doesn't sit properly and it can make me extra shiny, so I decided I would buy a night cream instead. I hadn't done any research into the best night creams so sought out my favourite skincare brand, Simple. I found this Vital Vitamin Night Cream for £5.59 and thought, why not?
 
Simple say that this night creams helps restore and replenish the skin whilst your sleeping. It contains 3 vital vitamins which are Pro-Vitamin B5, Vitamin E and F. It also contains 3 skin loving nutrients which are Glycerin, Allantoin and Bisabolol. All these ingredients help keep you skin moisturised and replenished.
 
The cream comes in a plastic pot with a screw top lid. The cream is very thin and light but isn't liquidy. For a night cream, the pot is quite big and there is a lot of product inside. When I first applied the cream, it felt really nice on my skin but it took quite a while to soak in. This was the first time I had ever used a night cream so just assumed it took a little longer. When I woke up the cream was still sitting on my skin and hadn't be absorbed. My skin was free from any dryness but was left with a rather greasy residue which I definitely didn't like. I put it down to using too much so used a much smaller amount the next night but found that I woke up with the same problem.
 
I used it a couple more times but the breaking point for me was when I started to find myself breaking out a little. I don't like to be one of them people that solely blame a product for a their breakout because there can be so many different reasons for it but I'm sure that the greasy residue left on my skin over night isn't helping. I don't think I'll find myself using the rest of the pot let alone repurchasing it. I would recommend this to people that don't have acne-prone skin. It is great at banishing dry skin but for me it does more bad than good.
 

 

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing blog posts like this over blog posts which are highlighting how great everything is. It makes me think twice when buying these products. Such a shame with this though - saying that the only Simple thing I have used are the Wipes :)
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not every product is perfect for everyone :)

      Delete