Wednesday 2 October 2013

Review || Jemma Kidd City Chic Eye Essentials in Bronzite



There's something about eyeshadow palettes that I truly love. I'm not sure if it's because you know all the shadows will go together so well or because they look so pretty packaged with one another. I got this Jemma Kidd eyeshadow palette last Christmas but only used it a few times as I didn't wear much eyeshadow at the time. But recently I've been pulling this eyeshadow quintuplet out of my collection more frequently.

The packaging of this palette is really lovely. It has quite a chic and classy look with an all black background and a matt leaf/feather design. I also love the black and pink combination. The palette itself is very sleek so will easily fit into a makeup bag or even a handbag. The inside of the palette has a long mirror which is great if your applying on the go or want to check out a closer look of your eye masterpiece. All of the colours are really pigmented so it's easy to create some gorgeous looks with this palette epecially for Autumn as the colours have warm undertones. The eyeshadows themselves are soft and have great staying power. The palette also came with a double ended brush but I threw that away, as I never use them.

This palette has five gorgeous shimmery, neutral toned colours. My favourites for an every day look are Copper, which is the slightly pinky colour, and I apply this to my eyelid up to the crease and then use Pewter, which is the taupey colour, and I use this for the crease. It creates a lovely look that compliments my eye colour. I also use this palette for a more dramatic look for those few and far between evenings out. For that look, I use the Pewter colour all over up to the crease, then I use the Rich Brown colour for the crease and then add a tiny bit of Black Shimmer to the outer corner to give it a bit of depth.


(Swatches L-R) Cream, Copper, Pewter, Rich Brown and Black Shimmer.
I recently did a FOTD post using this palette, if you want to check that out, click here.

Jemma Kidd's makeup range can be quite difficult to find as I don't think they are making products anymore but you can still get them online or in shops like TK Maxx where mine was from.


 

3 comments:

  1. Agree - they look like great autumn/winter shades & evening wear. Love the packaging too. Great post & lovely blog.

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours and nice post!

    mybeautysleuth x

    www.mybeautysleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of this the shades are beautiful I have tried a few free samples from magazines of jemma kidd might just get this ;D x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete