Monday 2 September 2013

Monthly Favourites || August

 
 
August has been a month that I haven't bought many new beauty products but have found myself using a lot more products that I already own.

Look Beauty Make Me Blush in Rosy
I've had this blusher for over 6 months now and use it every now and then. I didn't particularly love it when I bought it but during August, I just couldn't put it down. It's a gorgeous pink colour with silver toned shimmer. It looks great on sun kissed skin although it's not too pigmented but easily buildable. Annoyingly, the packaging is really bulky and not travel friendly. It also looks a bit cheap. I'm not a fan of the silver/grey packaging. But at the end of the day, it's all about the product and I think this is a great blusher.

Benefit Hoola Bronzer
You may have seen my review of this bronzer already, but if you missed it, you can catch it here. I've been using this bronzer a lot more in August, especially since coming back from my holiday. I usually just apply this to areas that I want to contour but found myself applying it all over my face to give it a bit more colour. It's a great matt bronzer.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation in 52
This is another product I've had for a while. I had heard so many good things about this foundation and because it was a gel foundation (which is great for combination skins) I was totally intrigued. Once I'd returned home, much to my dismay, I realised I had bought it in the wrong colour. When I had bought it, I was unbelievably pale, so the shade 52 was too dark for my skin. But with my newly sun kissed skin, I've been using this foundation loads and love it, especially with its fruity scent.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24hr in Permanent Taupe
I absolutely love this eyeshadow! The colour is so gorgeous and really pigmented. Personally I struggle to blend out these shadows on their own but find it much easier to blend them with other shadows (if that makes sense). I definitely want to but some more of these shadows, I love the look of On & On Bronze, Metallic Pomegranate and Eternal Gold.

Bourjois Colour Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick in Peach on the Beach
Now, if your an avid reader of my blog you may have noticed that this product was in my July Favourites. I must say I didn't mean to have it in this months favourites post but when thinking about products I've used a lot in the month of august, I couldn't deny that I used this glossy lipstick a hell of a lot in August, so it's place here is just.

SIDE NOTE: Today, September 2nd is my 1 year Blog Anniversary! YAY!

5 comments:

  1. great post, i love the maybelline tattoos too, you have a lovely blog am a new follower! would mean alot if you could check out my blog :)

    http://dazzleulooks.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrads on your blog birthday! Loved your favourites!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the Permenant Taupe Colour from Maybelline, despite not having so much luck with the pomegranate one!

    Found you blog through #bbloggers and really enjoy :)

    Rachel xx
    TwentySomethingBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heard such good things about bourjois glossy stick and reading the above makes me wanna buy it! New GFC follower check out my blog and follow back!

    Mybeautysleuth x

    www.mybeautysleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the colour tattoos! I have On & On bronze and Metallic Pomegranate and they are both gorgeous, although my most used one is pink gold :) I really want Permanent Taupe next.

    Hannah x
    hannahhepton.com

    ReplyDelete