Thursday 21 March 2013

Sleek MakeUP Review: True Colour Lipsticks


Ever since discovering Sleek MakeUP I have well and truly been in love with the brand and all their products. I am yet to try out a product that I don't like. Recently I found myself trawling the Internet and ended up slap bang in the middle of the True Colour Lipstick section of Sleek MakeUP's website, how I ended up there I will never know. But anyway, I was immediately drawn towards the beautiful shades of 'Loved Up' and 'Tangerine Scream' at £4.99 each. I bought them and twiddled my thumbs for a couple of days until they arrived at my door.
 
'Loved Up' is a beautiful pink shade with a blue undertone. It applies gorgeously as the formula for this lipstick is really creamy. The colour is so pigmented and leaves a lovely sheen on the lips. I find that when applying this lipstick, using a lip brush is wise and you should always blot with a tissue. I find that I have to reapply 'Loved Up' around about every hour but I'm a reapplication addict, I reckon that this lipstick could last more like 5-6 hours before the colour fades completely, if not a bit longer. I put this down to how pigmented the colour is. For removal, I just wipe over my lips with a wipe and it tends to remove most of the colour from my lips but I do find that it stains a little.
 

'Tangerine Scream', I'm sure you can guess, is a bright orange colour. The formula for this lipstick is the same as 'Loved Up' so I would recommend applying it with a lip brush and blotting afterwards. I find that this colour doesn't stain my lips as much as the other one but it is just as pigmented. I also love the packaging of the lipsticks by Sleek MakeUP. They come in their own individual box with a swatch of the colour on the front. The lipsticks packaging itself is lovely with a matt black background and contrasting shiny, black imprint of the brand name. This brand is worth all the hype that their products get and I look forward to getting my hands on more of their products.

 
Left: Loved Up
Right: Tangerine Scream

 



No comments:

Post a Comment