Monday 5 August 2013

What's In My Bag: Holiday Edition


As of today I'm on my 7 day countdown until I set off on my summer holiday to Majorca. I haven't been on holiday in 2 years so I've been obsessing about going on this holiday since booking it in February. I've more or less got everything I need now and have had them for a while. I've got list after list of things that I'm taking with me and things that I still need to get. I just hope they all fit into my suitcase (ahh!).

For what feels like absolutely ages, I've been trying to find a nice summer bag that can double up as my hand luggage for the aeroplane and as my pool/beach bag. I really struggled to find something that I liked and something that was in my price range. All I knew is that I wanted it to be a tote style bag and brightly coloured. After what felt like days searching the Internet, and almost losing hope, I found this bag on EBay for £18.49 which came in a variety of colours. I immediately noticed that it was a dupe of the Zara large tote, which is absolutely gorgeous, and after deciding that bright pink was the colour for me, I bought it straight away.


The bag is quite large so it fits everything I need, whether it's for the aeroplane or the beach. This 'What's In My Bag' is going to show you what I'm taking with me on the aeroplane rather than the beach, as I've seen a lot of 'What's In My Beach Bag' post and not a lot of aeroplane editions.


So the first thing I think about when packing my bag for the airport is fluffy socks. You might find this weird but whenever I fly, I always wear flip flips or sandals and my feet always get so cold. So I'm taking my Snoopy fluffy socks which I've had for ages and are by far my favourite (love Snoopy!). Next, I'm taking my phone which is the Iphone 4s, mainly for music than anything else. I don't tend to use my phone much on holiday as I think it's nice to give technology like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram a break. I'm also taking my camera to take lots of pictures. I've decided to not take my nicer camera as it's a bigger and heavier and I don't want anything to happen to it whilst I'm away. Next, I'm of course taking my purse. Again, I'm not taking my nicer purse which is from Ted Baker as I don't want anything to happen too it so I'm taking my old purse which is a coral purse from River Island.


Also in my bag, I'm taking the holiday necessities which are of course the tickets, flight information and passport. Bit self explanatory so I'm not going to go into them. Next, I'm taking some reading material in the form of a very heavy, hardback book by Dan Brown (who is the writer of The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons) called The Lost Symbol. I've already started to read this and it's really intriguing. I haven't read the first two books but I've seen the films and I love them so I think this will be a great holiday read for me. I'm also taking the book that follows this called Inferno (hopefully I can get it in paperback though). I'm also taking an array of magazine with me. I'm an avid reader of Cosmo so I will definitely be picking up their September edition shortly beforehand along with some more trashier magazines like OK!, Revel and Heat.

Some other things I'm taking that aren't pictured, are my sunglasses for when I arrive in Majorca and a packet of sweets to suck on when the plane takes off and lands, as my ears always pop. I'm not sure which ones I will get but I'm thinking of maybe getting Cadbury's Eclairs with the chocolate in the middle (yum). I will also be taking a few breakfast bars as the flight out of Gatwick is at 6:05am and if I don't get something in my stomach, I will be very grouchy. You may have noticed that I'm not carrying any make up with me and this is purely because I would rather carry it in my suit case, than risk getting it taken off me because it doesn't follow regulations for whatever reason. This is more of a paranoia thing than anything else. Could you imagine having no make up for an entire holiday?! Disastrous!

I hope you've enjoyed reading this What's In My Bag: Holiday Edition post. I really like seeing what other people are going to take this them on their holiday so if you have a similar post on your blog, be sure to leave it in the comments. Also, in the next 7 days, I will be posting more holiday themed posts so keep your eyes peeled.

2 comments:

  1. I really love your bag and purse! and I got the same phone cover as you - high five! haha xox

    Sinead | sineaddreamingagain.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your iphone case and I love cosmo too, doesn't matter where you are it's the best mag to read haha xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete