Tuesday 6 August 2013

Suncare: Holiday Edition


For me, living in London, suncare isn't a major part of my life. The weather is usually very bleak all year round and even though you can still catch harmful UV rays through cloudy weather, I tend to only use suncream's in the summer when the sun is out or when I'm on holiday. Prior to my upcoming holiday to Majorca, most of my previous holidays have been with family so getting together all the suncare products was my mums job, but this year I'm going away with just my boyfriend, so it's all up to me.

After doing some research and having previous experience with some suncream's, I pretty much knew what products I wanted to help protect me from the harmful aspects of the sun. First, I got the Garnier Ambre Solaire Protection Spray in High SPF 30. Some of you may think that for a main sun protector SPF 30 is quite low, especially because I'm quite pale, but I assure you that even though I'm quite pale, there is a reason for that. I haven't been on holiday for 2 years so my skin hasn't seem much sun but prior to this 2 year break of bleak UK weather, I was quite tanned. I tan really easily in the sun so don't need a super high SPF. This sun protection boasts of 12 hour moisturisation with advanced UVA and UVB protection with a non-greasy and water resistant formula, but the thing that drew me to buy this sun protector is that its a spray and not a lotion (god, I hate suncream lotions) and not only that but it claims to be sprayable upside down, which is a really cool touch and a slight necessity.

Next up I got the Simple Sun Sensitive Protection Facial Hydrolotion in Medium SPF 25. I got this little beauty back in June and I am so excited to use it. After discovering it whilst looking for a facial suncream for sensitive skin, I knew I had to get it, but being a little broke at the time, I added it to the list of things I wanted for my birthday (not an actual list, more of a mental list). If you've been reading my blog for a while then you will know I am a super fan of Simple products so this won't surprise you. This Simple Facial Hydrolotion is packed full of sunflower goodness which helps fight against premature ageing and contains no perfumes or colours.

For lip protection, I picked up Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Care in SPF 20. This product is mainly for my boyfriend than for me as he suffers with burnt lips that blister very regularly, which can be quite painful.

Next up, I got the Hawaiian Tropics Protective Dry Oil Spray in SPF 8. This stuff smells unbelievably amazing, which says a lot coming from me because I'm not a big fan of coconut. Again, this is a spray which makes applying the oil much easier. I will be using this oil later on in the holiday once my skin has got used to the sun but won't be applying it to my face at all. Nothing worse than extra oils on your face.

For skincare after being in the sun, I have the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun which is a soothing aloe gel. Again, this has a gorgeous scent very similar to the oil which is coconut papaya. This after sun lotion boasts 24 hour moisturisation that helps preserve your tan. I didn't realise until I got it but the bottle is actually transparent and the green and white swirls is actually the gel/cream. I think this will be a great after sun and can't wait to use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment