Saturday 4 January 2014

Mac Odyssey Lipstick Review




Dark lips have been a serious make up trend for the past couple winters and it doesn't look like it's going to die down any time soon. So when I opened this little gem during a Secret Santa exchange with friends, I was utterly delighted.

MAC's Odyssey is part of the frosted line of lipsticks and is a berry colour with a hint of frost. I would normally stay away from frosted lipsticks as I'm not keen on the frosted look. It reminds me of some of my mums lipsticks from when I was a child which had so much frost, so at first I was a bit wary of what it might look like, but once I opened it up and saw how gorgeous the colour was, I was sold. Odyssey applies really easily to the lips without much precision needed. It's not as pigmented as the amplified range of lipsticks, but I quite like that as I think it makes a nice change from some of my other lipsticks.

Odyssey is a great start off lipstick for someone that wants to start using more berry-toned lipsticks but is wary of wearing darker shades. The texture of the lipstick isn't very hydrating and makes my lips feel quite dry when it starts to wear off so reapplication is necessary to keep the lips looking and feeling smooth.

Overall, I'm really happy with this lipstick and I am really pleased to add it to my MAC lipstick collection. I also want to say thank you to my Secret Santa for giving me this gorgeous lipstick!
Ignore Code below, it's your signature!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, really like the dark shade. :)

    Would u like to follow each other? Let me know on my beauty - fashion Slovenian blog :)

    www.blogvivalavida.com

    ReplyDelete